Saturday, March 3, 2012

Laundry sorter make-over


I am always curious to hear how other people manage the laundry chaos in their homes. I usually just wash everything all together and every now and then I will bleach my whites. The problem is, with three kids Im not always able to fold everything the moment it comes out, and it really bothers me to always have clothes sitting in the dryer getting wrinkled. My solution- I bought this laundry sorter
I got out my stamp set and went to work.
Instead of the usual whites/darks/towels I went with something more practical for our family. I sort by shirts/whites and towels/other. I like to wash all of our shirts together and I make sure to dry this load at a time when I will be able to hang eveything up as soon as they are dry. The kid's each have their own color of coat hangers. All of our shirts get hung up right away. The next sorter is for whites and towels. I like to bleach all of our bath towels/rags/dish towels as they seem to smell fresh for longer! I just buy lighter colored towels so I can throw them right in with the whites. The last sorter is for anything else- pj's, jeans and such. I also don't have to worry as much about folding the whites and other clothing right away. I know none of our shirts are mixed in so I'm not as worried about wrinkles.


So far I am loving my new laundry sorter! What is your laundry system like?

No comments:

Post a Comment