Thursday, February 23, 2012

Simple snack box

My kids never seems to be happy with what I offer for snack. They all want something different. I refuse to get out yogurt for one, peel and cut an apple for another, and pop popcorn for another. My solution was to create a snack box with easy, healthy snack options. This way they can just pick what they want from the snack box.

I picked up a wooden crate/box on clearance at Michael's Craft Store. With my wood burning tool and letters I burned the word snacks onto the box. I finished it with my homemade beeswax polish (you certainly don't have to do this step, but I had the beeswax so went ahead and did it!)
You can find the ingredients and directions for your own wood polish over at the blog of Amber Dusick- http://www.amberdusick.com/woodmouse_loves_crafts/2010/07/how-to-make-beeswax-wood-polish-woodmouse-recipe.html

Super simple and now there is no more complaining at snack time! How is snack time at your house?








No comments:

Post a Comment